Nigeria vs Egypt FREE: Live stream, TV channel, team news and kick-off time for huge AFCON 2022 match-up
The AFCON tournament will be carried by beIN Sports in the USA and Canada, and coverage will be available in both English and Spanish.
Cable and satellite TV channels beIN Sports and beIN Sports en Espanol will air the majority of matches, and others will be broadcast on free channel beIN Sports XTRA followed by a tape-delayed showing on the main TV channels.
What time does Nigeria vs Egypt kick-off?
- Nigeria’s big clash with Egypt will get going from 4pm UK time on Tuesday, January 11.
- The game will take place at the Estadio Roumde Adjia in Garoua, Cameroon.
- There will b e a 60 per cent capacity crowd inside the stadium for the match.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Nigeria vs Egypt will be shown for FREE live on the BBC iPlayer and on the BBC Sport website.
- You can also watch the game on Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports main event.
- The event is available for streaming from the BBC iPlayer, NOW TV and Sky Go apps, which you can download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Can I watch for FREE?
Yes, the game is available for FREE on the BBC iPlayer, so long as you have a TV licence.
Leicester pair Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi are both set to start for Nigeria, with Alex Iwobi probably to start too.
Porto’s Zaidu Sanusi and ex-Chelsea man Olaoluwa Aina are likely to start at the back for the Nigerians.
One notable absence, however, is top scorer in qualifying Victor Osimhen, who has Covid-19.
AFCON 2022: Tournament format
Similar to other continental championships and World Cup tournaments, the Africa Cup of Nations begins with a group stage, followed by knockout rounds all the way to the final. And for the first time in the competition’s history, all 52 matches will feature video review and the use of a Video Assistant Referee (VAR).
Group stage: The 24 nations are divided into six groups of four nations each. At the conclusion of round-robin group play — with three points awarded for a win, one for a draw and none for a loss — the top two teams in each group based on points (and tiebreakers, if necessary) advance to the knockouts. The remaining slots in the Round of 16 will be filled out by the four best third-place finishers.
Knockout stage: A predetermined knockout bracket will be played out all the way through to the final. If any knockout match ends in a tie after 90 minutes, the teams will play 30 minutes of extra time. If the draw persists, a penalty-kick shootout will determine the team to move on. The third-place match is the only one that would skip extra time and move straight to the shootout in case of a draw