Wolves vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 19 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Molineux Stadium.
Chelsea have had some minor hiccups in their pursuit of the title, and rivals City and Liverpool have done their best to capitalize on it. Currently the Blues are placed third in the table, trailing four points below the first position.
They just cannot afford to drop anymore points, if they are serious about their hopes to lift the PL crown at the end of the campaign.
And Wolves could help them out a bit in that regards. Wolverhampton have not been at their best this season, and lately, they have been severely inconsistent.
They are conceding goals in almost every other match-up, and to top this all off, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
For the reasons, expect a win for Chelsea this Sunday at the Molineux.
Wolves vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Blues had recorded 11 of the past 14 overall wins.
- They had scored two or more goals in six of the last ten clashes.
- The guests had won five of the preceding eight encounters at this venue.
- Four of the former five match-ups at this ground had two or more goals.
Wolves vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Wolves recorded a 0-1 win on the road the last match-day, against Brighton. However, they were on a two-game losing run before that, and so far this 2021-22 campaign, their form at home has been extremely worrying.
In fact, of their total three wins at home this season, one had come against the 19th placed Newcastle.
On the other hand, Chelsea are the reigning European champions, and they are in the running to lift the English title come next May. They will be determined to secure a huge win this Sunday in order to draw level with Liverpool and City.
Note that they have a great h2h record against this foe over the past several seasons, and they also have fared really well over the course of the league campaign – barring some minor blips in form the last few weeks.
Count on Chelsea to deliver a win this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Blues are placed third in the table at the moment, and they have lost just twice all through the campaign. Once against Manchester City, and once against West Ham.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the league, barring City and Liverpool. In fact, while they have slotted in 39 goals so far, 17 of the total 20 squads had failed to cross even the 30-goal mark.
- Meanwhile, Wolves have a single win in their last five games, and they have a total of three wins at home this whole season.