West Ham vs Tottenham
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 24 October 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Olympic Stadium.
The Spurs seem to be back on form after a period of bad performances, while West Ham have been consistently scoring goals all through this new season. And with previous h2h meetings showing this same trend of high-scoring affairs, expect a goal-fest this Sunday at the Olympic Stadium.
West Ham vs Tottenham Head-to-head
- Seven of the past ten clashes had goals from both teams.
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for West Ham.
- Four of the past five meetings at this stadium had goals from both teams as well as three or more goals.
- The last four overall wins were evenly split into two each for either team.
West Ham vs Tottenham Prediction & Analysis
West Ham registered a 0-1 win on the road the last match-day, against Everton. Going on, they have lost just twice in the past five-month period, and all through this stretch, they have been scoring goals in great consistency.
In fact, since November of 2020, only twice have they failed to score at home – and these two encounters were against Chelsea, and Everton.
However, lately they have been conceding goals in huge numbers as well – and especially so at home.
On the other hand, their counterparts Tottenham registered a 2-3 win on the road against Newcastle. They are going through periods of cyclical form. They started their campaign on a winning streak, then went on a lull, and now once against are registering wins in succession.
However, all through these games, goals having been coming in plenty.
And the same has been the case in h2h meetings as well. Almost all recent h2h clashes have witnessed either team finding the back of the net.
By the looks of things, expect a high-scoring thriller this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- West Ham had four of their last five fixtures – which included victories against Manchester United, and Everton.
- They had conceded two or more goals in three of their past four appearances at home, and not once have they kept a clean sheet at this venue this league campaign.
- They had scored two or more goals in ten of their preceding fourteen home games – which included teams like Spurs, Leicester, and Arsenal.
- Tottenham are on a three-game winning run, and they had slotted in a total of ten goals in the process.
- Do also note that their last eight fixtures on the trot had three or more goals.