West Ham vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 4 December 2021
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Olympic Stadium.
The Blues continue to hang on to the top-most spot, but the lead they has been getting narrower each passing match-day. This weekend, they are in for a challenging evening, as they take a trip to lock horns with the fourth-placed West Ham
The Hammers are in the midst of a winless stretch at the moment, and it is about to cost them their position in the top-four of the table.
They will be desperate to keep the in-form Arsenal at bay, who are placed fifth, and are trailing by a single point.
By all means, expect a cracker of a match-up this Saturday between these two determined sides. However, expect the reigning European champions Chelsea to grind out a win.
West Ham vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-1 win for Chelsea.
- They had also won three of the past five meetings.
- In the past six-year period, only twice have the hosts failed to score at this ground.
- Two of the past three overall clashes had three or more goals.
West Ham vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
The Hammers were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day by Brighton. Going on, they have a total of one clean sheet from the last seven games, and this had come in the Europa League, against Rapid Vienna.
On the other hand, Chelsea are on a 12-game unbeaten streak, and ten of these were wins. They have also been scoring in plenty throughout this season, and are determined to hold on to to the first position.
And with a favorable h2h record as well, count on them to deliver a win this Saturday at the Olympic Stadium.
However, West Ham have been great at home in spite of all their issues, and they will be adamant to not drop out of the top-four. Expect them to find the back of the net at least once.
Key Stats for Betting
- Thomas Tuchel’s men are placed at the top of the table, and have lost just once all through the campaign. This defeat had come against the defending English champions Manchester City.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the competition after Liverpool, and have conceded the least outright in the entire competition.
- Meanwhile, West Ham have a total of just two wins from their previous six games.
- Still, they are on a five-fixture unbeaten run at home, and four of these were wins.