Watford vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Vicarage Road.
Chelsea narrowly hold on to their top-most spot, but each passing day, Manchester City are chipping away at the lead. A win is a must for Thomas Tuchel’s men, if they are adamant about holding on to the first position.
And they have gotten themselves the perfect opponent. Not only are Watford a newly-promoted squad from the Championship, but they are also one of the worst in the PL at the moment.
With a total of just four wins, they are placed 16th in the table, and on top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
By all means, expect a win for the Blues this Wednesday at the Vicarage Road.
Watford vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-0 win for the Blues.
- They are on a four-fixture winning streak.
- They had scored a total of 21 goals from the past eight meetings.
- It’s been five years since the hosts have kept a clean sheet at this stadium.
Watford vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Watford lost 4-2 on the road the last match-day, against Leicester. They were also winless in nine of the past twelve overall fixtures, and seven of these were losses.
Going on, not once have they kept a clean sheet at home in a league game this season, and even had conceded twice or more in three of the past six such fixtures.
On the other hand, Chelsea will be a little frustrated, as they were unable to secure a win over Manchester United the last game week. Still, they are on a 11-match unbeaten run, and nine of these were wins. Note that they had also scored three or more goals in five of the past nine games.
Considering these observations, expect a compelling win for Chelsea this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Tuchel’s men are placed at the top of the table, and so far they have lost just once. This sole defeat had come against reigning English champions Manchester City.
- They have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition, and have scored the most – barring just Liverpool.
- Meanwhile, Watford had five or more goals in four of their last six matches, and they had also lost five of their past seven fixtures