Sparta Prague vs Lyon
UEFA – Europa League
Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Generali Ceska pojist’ovna Arena.
Both Sparta Prague and Lyon have done well in both Europa League and their domestic competitions so far in the season.
The hosts will enter this match on the back of dive straight wins across competitions and they could put up a real effort against the Ligue 1 side here. The draw looks tempting at the 3.60 odds.
Sparta Prague vs Lyon Head-to-head
- It ‘s been nine years since these two outfits last locked horns and back then they were also battling it out in the UEFA Europa League.
- Lyon took four points from two group stage matches on the occasion (a 2-1 win at home and a 1-1 draw on the road).
- The two teams also met each other in the group phase of the UEFA Champions League in the 2004/05 campaign.
- Lyon celebrated two easy wins on the occasion (7-1 on aggregate).
Sparta Prague vs Lyon Predictions & Analysis
Lyon are about to face the toughest challenge in Group A yet on Thursday evening when they travel to Czech capital to battle Sparta Prague in the third round of the UEFA Europa League.
The French outfit proved to be too strong for the likes of Rangers and Brondby in the opening two rounds of the competitions.
They’ve picked up a pair of commanding victories, scoring five and conceding none goals in the process.
Les Gones now have an opportunity to practically lock the top spot in the group with results against Sparta Prague in the upcoming double-header against the Czechs.
IUt will be very interesting to see how Lyon’s in-form attacking line will react on Sparta’s stern defense on the occasion.
The Czechs played two tight games in the opening two rounds. They’ve claimed four points thanks to the stubborn back line that kept both Brondby and Rangers at bay.
However, the forward line bagged no more than a single goal at the opposite end along the way.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sparta Prague kept two clean sheets in the opening two Europa League games.
- They will go into this on the back of five straight wins in all competitions.
- Lyon won three and drew two of the last five outings across competitions.
- They have conceded only one goal in the last three outings in all competitions.