Spain vs France
UEFA Nations League Final
Date: Sunday, 10 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza (Milan).
Spain and France battle at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza aka San Siro for the 2020/21 UEFA Nations League trophy. Read our preview and predictions with the best tips here.
Spain vs France Head-to-head
- Spain won 5 of the last 7 meetings with France with exceptions of a loss and draw.
- The teams last met in a friendly in 2017 and Spain won the tie 2-0.
- Only one of those games saw both teams scoring and all 7 registered under 2.5 goals.
- This will be the first meeting between these two teams in a major competition since Xabi Alonso’s double knocked out France at the quarterfinals of the Euro 2012.
Spain vs France Prediction
Two teams are coming to this final in contrasting style, Spain put on a confident display in their 2-1 win over Italy. Meanwhile France struggled at first but burst into life in the final half hour to overturn a 2-goal deficit into a 3-2 win against Belgium.
The nature of the win could do good to Didier Deschamps’ men, whose form has been patchy at the Euro 2020. They managed just 1 win in 4 games before being eliminated in dramatic fashion by Switzerland.
The misery continued through the last international break when they were held to 1-1 stalemates by Bosnia and Ukraine. However they finished off the round with a 2-0 win over less effective attacking unit Finland.
Spain had troubles on their own too, they were defeated by Sweden in the first qualifier, raising doubts if this team could fight against quality sides.
The two wins in the same month of September against Georgia and Kosovo with clean sheets helped the team to get back to confidence and they have no proved doubters wrong by beating European Champions Italy at their own backyard, ending their opponents long standing 37 match unbeaten run.
And rarely any team in the world right now can end up with a 70% ball possession against an even favorite on the day.
We do believe Spaniards are the better team here, though a different result cannot be ruled out with the likes of Benzema, Pogba and Mbappe on the opposite side.
Key Statistics for Betting
- Spain have won three on the bounce since starting their life after Euros with a 2-1 defeat at Sweden.
- The win against Belgium is second for France on the bounce before being held to stalemates by moderate teams like Bosnia & Herzegovina and Ukraine.
- The Les Blues have kept just 1 clean sheet in their last 7 matches across all competitions.
- Spain lost just 3 of their 23 matches since football restarted in September 2020 after coronavirus lockdown.
- Ferran Torres scored in the last three matches for his national team. The Manchester City forward has 6 goals to his name in the UEFA Nations League.