Southampton vs Leeds
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium.
Southampton have been absolutely in shambles this season in the Premier League, while Leeds have started to get their campaign on track. Coupling that with the impressive recent h2h record of the former, expect a win for them this Saturday at the St. Mary’s Stadium.
Southampton vs Leeds Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for Leeds.
- They are on a three-fixture winning streak, and they had scored a total of eight goals in the process.
- However, at this stadium, the hosts had won three of the last four clashes.
- Four of the former seven meetings at this ground had three or more goals.
Southampton vs Leeds Prediction & Analysis
Southampton lost 3-1 on the road the last match-day, against Chelsea. In the meantime, Leeds had recorded a 1-0 win at home against Watford.
Going on, Southampton are on a two-fixture losing streak, and they had remained winless in nine of their last ten games. Even at home, they have won just thrice in the past nine-month period.
On the other hand, their counterparts were unbeaten in six of their last eight games, and their only two defeats during this stretch had come against Liverpool, and West Ham.
And importantly, in the past five-month period, their only loss on the road had come against Manchester United.
Considering these observations, and especially the form of Southampton lately, expect a Leeds win this weekend.
However, Marcelo Bielsa’s men have been struggling to show consistency in defense, and the desperate Southampton could take advantage of this.
Key Stats for Betting
- Southampton are completely winless this season in the English top flight, and they are currently placed 17th in the table, with a surplus of one point over the relegation cut-off.
- They have a single win to their name in the past five-year period, and the victory had come in the EFL Cup, against a team from the lower divisions.
- At home, they have won just thrice since January of 2021.
- Meanwhile, Leeds have lost just thrice in total this season in all competitions, and two of these defeats had come against teams currently in the top-four of EPL table.
- In spite of this, their only clean sheets in 2021-22 had come against either teams from lower divisions, or against squads currently placed in bottom-most tier of PL standings