Southampton vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 9 April 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium.
The Blues were locked in for a third-place finish for some time now. But recently, other teams below them have started to catch up, and it no longer looks like a certainty. Likely, Thomas Tuchel’s men need to step up their game.
They are placed third in the table at the moment, with a five-point lead. But they will have to be wary about the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham coming for them.
As such, it goes without saying that they are in urgent need for a huge win this Saturday, and it also deserves to be said that the situation looks favorable for them.
Chelsea might be on the road, but they are pitted against the Saints, who have not been at their best lately. Southampton are conceding goals in huge numbers, and they are also on a long, worrying stretch of performances.
And as it can be expected, they have a poor h2h record against the reigning European champions as well.
By the looks of things, anticipate a win for Chelsea this Saturday at the St. Mary’s Stadium.
Southampton vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a win for Tuchel’s men in the EFL Cup.
- It’s been three years since they have lost to this opponent.
- They had recorded ten of the past eleven overall wins.
- At this venue, the guests had won five of the former six meetings.
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Southampton were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day, by Leeds. And before that, they were on a four-fixture losing streak. Note that they had let in a total of 13 goals in the process. They are also on a three-fixture losing stretch at home.
On the other hand, Chelsea did lose 1-4 at home the past game week, against Brentford. But they were on a six-game winning streak before that, and they had remained unbeaten in 37 of their past 40 overall fixtures.
Considering these observations, and the past h2h superiority of the Blues, expect a win for them this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only City and Liverpool have conceded fewer goals than the Blues this season in the PL.
- Also, only these two have found the back of the net more times than them as well.
- Meanwhile, Southamtpon have remained winless in 22 of their total 30 fixtures so far.