PSG vs Nice
France – Coupe de France
Date: Monday, 31 January 2022
Kick-off at 20:15 UK/ 21:15 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes.
This is a match-up between the two best teams in France at the moment. The two are in possession of the top two spots in the French top flight. But still, the gap between these two is considerable.
Such has been the dominance of the Parisians that they are considered to be in a league of their own in the French football scenario.
Moreover, they are trying to build up some good momentum – in anticipation of their upcoming Champions League match-up against Real Madrid.
Count on them to secure a win this Monday at their home.
However, do not expect this to be an easy win for Kylian Mbappe and co. Nice are on a superb streak of performances at the moment. They are scoring goals in plenty, and they have done so in previous h2h clashes too (despite the results not going their way).
For the reasons, expect goals to come from either end of the pitch this Monday.
PSG vs Nice Head-to-head (h2h)
- Seven of the past eleven clashes had goals from both teams.
- 11 of the preceding 13 meetings had three or more goals.
- Eight of the past eleven encounters had three or more goals.
- The hosts had also won eight of the past eleven match-ups at this ground.
PSG vs Nice Prediction & Analysis
PSG just recorded a 4-0 win at home the last match-day, against Reims. They had also recorded a 0-4 win in the previous round of the Coupe de France, against Vannes.
Going on, they were unbeaten in 38 of their past 41 overall fixtures, and one of these defeats had come against Manchester City. And all along, they have been scoring in plenty, and importantly, they have a good h2h record against this foe as well.
Likely, expect a win for Paris this Monday.
However, Nice are on a six-match winning run. They had registered a 0-1 win on the road in the preceding round of the Coupe de France, against Cholet. Moreover, they had scored two or more goals in five of their past six games, and they had also won six of their former seven road trips.
Taking into account these observations, expect goals to come from either end of the pitch this Monday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Parisians are at the top of the league table, that too with a lead of 11 points.
- They have scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the Ligue 1, and have lost just once all through the campaign.
- Meanwhile, Nice are placed second in the table, and they are on a six-fixture winning streak.