PSG vs Marseille
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday, 17 April 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes.
The two best teams in France take on each other this weekend, and even though the Parisians have quite a lead at the top, a defeat could make their journey to the title complicated.
Meanwhile, for Marseille, not only is this fixture important for their aspirations for the French crown, but they also need to keep the third-placed Rennes at bay, so that a top-two finish could be ensured.
Only then will they be able to secure an entry into the Champions League.
Both these teams are in spectacular form, and are finding the back of the net at an unbelievable rate. Moreover, these two have an intense rivalry between them, and previous h2h encounters have produced quite some tasty goal-fests as well.
This weekend, with the title on the line, expect another fierce encounter. Anticipate goals to come from either end of the pitch as well.
PSG vs Marseille Head-to-head (h2h)
- 11 of the past 16 meetings had three or more goals.
- The Parisians had recorded 19 of the former 20 wins.
- At this venue, the hosts had won 13 of the past 15 clashes.
- The home team had scored two or more goals in five of the last encounters at this stadium.
PSG vs Marseille Prediction & Analysis
PSG won 1-6 on the road the last match-day, against Clermont. They had scored a total of 11 goals from their past two games, and they had won 18 of their past 20 appearances at home.
Moreover, the front trio finally seems to have synced up, and they have been slotting in goals lately, as if they are possessed.
On the other hand, Marseille won 2-0 at home the past game week, against Montpellier. They are on a seven-fixture winning streak, and they had scored two or more goals in every single one of these matches.
Do also note that they had won five of their past six road trips.
Taking into account these observations, and past h2h stats, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend at the Parc des Princes.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Parisians have scored the most number of goals in the competition.
- In fact, they are the only squad to touch the 70-goal mark, while only three other squads have gone past 50.
- They are the only team yet to maintain an unbeaten record at home. In fact, barring a single draw, they have a 100% winning record at this venue.
- Meanwhile, Marseille have been the best team on the road this season in the Ligue 1.