PSG vs Lille
France – Ligue 1
Date: Friday, 29 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc Des Princes.
Lille have had a disappointing campaign so far in the season and it is very hard to predict a positive outcome for them in French capital.
The visitors have scored only one goal in the last three outings across competitions despite playing the likes of Clermont and Brest in the last two league affairs. The home win to nil is the way to go here.
PSG vs Lille Head-to-head
- These two teams met each other in the French Super Cup in August when Lille celebrated a 1-0 victory.
- Lille claimed four out of six possible points in the clashes against PSG in the previous term of the Ligue 1.
- PSG did not score in three of the last four encounters against Lille.
- None of the last six head to head affairs saw goals scored at both ends.
PSG vs Lille Predictions & Analysis
The two previous Ligue 1 champions are about to lock horns in the first game of the Matchday No 12 on Friday evening at Parc Des Princes.
Both PSG and Lille will be hoping to bounce back from disappointing draws in the previous round.
Les Parisiens were held to a goalless draw away at Marseille in the last weekend’s Ligue 1 derby despite playing the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, and Angel Di Maria up front.
Even with such a strong firepower on display in the final third PSG only managed to get 10 shots in total at Orange Velodrome.
Mauricio Pochettino’s men still have a comfortable lead at the top of the league table. They are seven points clear off the second-placed Lens after winning nine of eleven league outings so far in the season.
Lille, who are the defending champions, sit only 10 after 11 outings, having won just four games since the start of the campaign.
They played a 1-1 draw at home to Brest last time out. Although they had an early lead through in-form Canadian forward Jonathan David, Lille showed a disappointing performance on the occasion.
Key Stats for Betting
- PSG won 9, drew 1, and lost 1 of 11 games so far in the season.
- They have won all seven games at home this season in all competitions, scoring two or more goals in each of these wins.
- Lille drew two and lost one of the last three games in all competitions, scoring only one goal along the way.
- They lost four of the last five away matches across competitions.