PSG vs Lens
France – Ligue 1
Date: Saturday, 23 April 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes.
PSG have been the absolute best team in the competition this season, and their 15-point lead at the top is a testament to this fact.
With just five fixtures remaining in the competition, they need a single point to win the title, and since they are at home this weekend, the team will be determined to complete the feat this game week itself.
They have scored the most number of goals in the French top flight so far, and they have been absolutely ruthless at home.
Meanwhile, Lens have been on a good streak of performances too. However, they are not comparable to the Parisians. Moreover, the team has struggled quite a bit on the road, and they have let in goals in plenty in the process too.
Going on, they also have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years.
Judging all these observations, expect a win for PSG this weekend at their home.
PSG vs Lens Head-to-head (h2h)
- PSG had won five of their past eight encounters.
- They had scored two or more goals in three of their last five meetings.
- It’s been 16 years since the hosts have lost at this stadium.
- The latest match-up at this ground had ended in a 2-1 win for the hosts.
PSG vs Lens Prediction & Analysis
PSG won 0-3 on the road the last match-day, against Angers. They are also on a four-fixture winning streak, and they had slotted in a total of 16 goals in the process.
Do also note that they had won 18 of their past 20 appearances at home.
On the other hand, Lens did win 2-0 at home the past game week, against Montpellier. But they were winless in seven of their past thirteen overall fixtures, and they had remained so in nine of their past thirteen road trips.
Taking into account these observations, and past h2h stats, expect a win for PSG this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Parisians have scored a total of 75 goals from their 33 matches so far.
- They have been unbeaten at home all through this campaign. In fact, barring a single draw, they have a 100% winning record at this stadium.
- They are the only team to yet to concede ten goals at this venue.
- Meanwhile, Lens have won just six times on the road all through the league season.