Nice vs Marseille
France – Ligue 1
Date: Wednesday, 27 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade de l’Aube.
The match between these two fierce rivals were abandoned earlier in the season due to crowd intrusions and some unforgettable scenes. And here we are again to put it behind our backs, and get on with football again.
However, the rivalry is intense now, and winning is a matter of pride for both. Expect a harsh, tiring 90 minutes between Nice and Marseille this Wednesday.
Anticipate lot of cards, and rough tackles. And by the looks of things, both teams should be finding the back of the net at least once – with chances for penalty kicks being awarded very high.
Nice vs Marseille Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-0 win for Marseille.
- However, Marseille were on a seven-game winning streak before that.
- Seven of the last nine clashes had three or more goals.
- Nine of the past 17 meetings had goals from both teams.
Nice vs Marseille Prediction & Analysis
Nice recorded a 3-2 win at home the last match-day against Lyon.
They have lost just twice all through this season, and they have had impressive performances all through this campaign – including the 0-4 drubbing of defending champions Lille on the road, and the 3-2 win against Lyon.
On the other hand, Marseille had just registered a 0-0 draw at home against PSG – who had lined up with possibly the best attack in the whole of Europe.
The team showed real spirit in holding off these titans, and definitely will be motivated for this upcoming encounter – which is a matter of honor now.
As things stand, expect either team to slot in at least one goal this Wednesday. However, stakes are too high for both, and the teams would do anything to avoid a defeat. Chances are we might see a drawn scoreline at the end of a fierce ninety minutes.
Key Stats for Betting
- Both teams have one game apiece in hand, and still they are placed third and fourth in the table – behind only PSG, and Lens.
- Nice have scored the most number of goals, with the exception of the Parisians, while Marseille are just behind – with two fewer goals scored than their counterparts for the day.
- Nice had scored two or more goals in seven of their former nine fixtures.
- Marseille are high on confidence, after back-to-back draws against two tough teams – Lazio in the Europa League, and PSG in the Ligue 1.