Newcastle vs Aston Villa
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 13 February 2022
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: St. James’ Park.
Newcastle finally seem to be making some noticeable movement up the league table. They are now above the relegation cut-off, and are on a brief unbeaten run as well.
The team will be desperate to keep the streak going. It’s important to them that they do not get booted to the Championship at the end of the season – especially after their ambitious takeover by some wealthy owners. The club will be making a huge splash in the summer transfer window.
Meanwhile, Villa are trying their best to show consistency. The arrival of Steven Gerrard saw the team performing really well for a time. And then they entered a troubling phase, and now once again they seem to be on a good stretch of performances.
They too will be keen to keep their form going on.
As these two lock horns with each other this Sunday, expect a fierce encounter. Considering the performances of their defense over the course of the campaign, and past h2h scorecards, expect goals to come from either end of the pitch.
Newcastle vs Aston Villa Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest match-up had ended in a 2-0 win for Villa.
- It’s been 15 years since the guests have kept a clean sheet at this ground.
- The last time these two locked horns at this stadium, spoils were shared with a 1-1 scorecard.
- Since 2015, only once have the hosts kept a clean sheet at this venue.
Newcastle vs Aston Villa Prediction & Analysis
Newcastle recorded a 3-1 win at home the last match-day, against Everton, and this will surely be a confidence-booster for the squad.
They are on a two-game winning streak and a three-match unbeaten run. They have also lost just twice at home since October – once against Manchester City, and once in the FA Cup.
However, they have seldom kept clean sheets in 2021-22.
On the other hand, Villa recorded a 3-3 draw at home the past game week, against Leeds. They are also on a three-game unbeaten run, and had slotted in a total of six goals in the process.
However, they have failed to keep clean sheets in 14 of their former 17 fixtures.
On top of that, goals have also come quite consistently in past h2h meetings.
By the looks of things, expect a high-scoring affair this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Villa have conceded seven more goals than the dead-last placed Burnley.
- Meanwhile, only Norwich have conceded more goals than Newcastle in the whole competition. Note that Norwich are a newly-promoted squad.