Newcastle United vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 30 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: St. James’ Park.
Chelsea are the current toppers of the league, and they seem determined to put an end to the stronghold of Manchester City on the title. This weekend, they are pitted against one of the weakest teams in the competition – Newcastle, and are expected to deliver a huge win.
Newcastle vs Chelsea Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-0 win for the Blues.
- They had won four of the past five clashes.
- They had kept clean sheets in three of the preceding four meetings.
- The visitors had scored two or more goals in five of the preceding nine encounters at this venue.
Newcastle vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Newcastle were held to 1-1 draw the last match-day on the road by Crystal Palace – who themselves have been one of the worst teams in the PL.
Going on, Newcastle are on a ten-game winless streak, and six of these were losses. Moreover, they have won just thrice on the road in the whole of 2021, and one of those victories had come against Sheffield United – a team currently in the Championship
On the other hand, Chelsea are the reigning European champions, and they are one of the prime contenders for the English title this season.
They had just registered a 7-0 win at home the past game week in the league, against Norwich. They are also on a five-fixture winning run, and their only loss on the road this season had come against Juventus, in the Champions League.
Taking into account these observations, as well as their h2h superiority, expect a comprehensive win for Chelsea this weekend at the St. James’ Park.
Key Stats for Betting
- The reigning European champions are at the top of the table with a perfect winning record, save for one draw and a loss. The defeat had come against Manchester City, and the draw against Liverpool.
- They are on a five-game winning streak, and they had also won 17 of their preceding 21 games.
- They have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the PL, and they have let in just one goal on the road.
- Newcastle are placed second to last in the table, and they are still searching for their first victory of this league campaign.
- Only the dead-last placed Norwich have conceded more goals than them in the whole competition.