Morocco vs Malawi
Africa Cup of Nations
Date: Tuesday, 25 January 2022
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo.
Almost a hundred spots separate these two in the official FIFA Rankings. Morocco are one of the best teams in the African region, and they have been in good form for the past several months.
They are scoring in plenty, and judging their scorelines in the Group Stage, they are here to make a deep run into the competition.
They had also qualified for the previous edition of the Cup of Nations, where they had made it till the Round of 16. At that stage, they were eliminated by Benin, via penalties.
Meanwhile, Malawi did not even qualify for the 2019 Cup of Nations, and even this time around, they have barely made it to the main tournament.
Going on, their path to the knockouts were also quite messy, as they have taken their place in the Round of 16 as one of the best third-placed teams.
On the other hand, their counterparts were the champions of Group C, that too with an unbeaten record.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Morocco this Tuesday.
Morocco vs Malawi Head-to-head (h2h)
- Morocco have a 100% unbeaten record against this rival since 1980.
- They had kept clean sheets in four of the last six meetings.
- They had scored three or more goals in two of the past three clashes.
- In the past four decades, only twice have Malawi found the back of the net.
Morocco vs Malawi Prediction & Analysis
Morocco last lost a game back in October of 2019, which was a friendly. In fact, they have not lost a competitive fixture in over four years.
They had also won 25 of their past 30 matches, and in the process had even recorded a 12-fixture winning streak. Note that they had scored two or more goals in 11 of their preceding 13 fixtures, and they had kept clean sheets in 16 of their last 19 matches.
On the other hand, Malawi were winless in 19 of their former 23 games, and they had also lost five of their last seven matches.
They had also failed to qualify for the 2019 edition of the Cup, and importantly, they have an inferior h2h record against this foe too.
Judging these observations, expect a win for Morocco this Tuesday. Considering their defensive superiority over Malawi in h2h encounters, anticipate a clean sheet as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Morocco are ranked 28th in the world, while their counterparts for the day are placed 129th in the list.
- The Moroccans had an unbeaten record in the Qualifiers, and they have maintained that streak in the Group Stages of the main competition as well.
- Malawi were winless in three of their total six qualification games, and had remained so in two of their preceding three group stage fixtures