Marseille vs PAOK
Europa Conference League
Date: Thursday, 7 April 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Vélodrome.
Marseille have simply been the best in the French top flight this season, and have been in great form lately. They are slotting in goals in amazing consistency, and are determined to make an even deeper run into the Conference League – especially since they have been pitted against a weak rival.
PAOK are from the comparatively weaker Greek Super League, and to further complicate things for them, their recent form has been anything but impressive.
As they make a trip to France, expect a win for hosts Marseille this Thursday.
Marseille vs PAOK Head-to-head (h2h)
- This is the first time these two teams are locking horns with each other.
- Barring two defeats against Olympiacos, Marseille have a 100% winning record against all Greek foes.
- Meanwhile, It’s been 17 years since PAOK managed an unbeaten fixture against a French team.
- In the past 40 years, they have a 100% losing record against Ligue 1 squads, disregarding a single match-up.
Marseille vs PAOK Prediction & Analysis
Marseille are on a five-fixture winning streak, and this run included a 2-1 win at home against titans Nice. Do also note that they have lost just four times at home this whole season, and one of these losses had come against former French champions Monaco.
On the other hand, PAOK lost 2-1 on the road the past game week, against Panathinaikos. They were also winless in four of their past seven road trips, and they have not fared well in the past against French opponents.
Meanwhile, Marseille have a phenomenal h2h record against other Greek rivals. Likely, expect them to deliver a winning performance this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only PSG have lost fewer games than Marseille in the Ligue 1.
- Only two teams in the French top flight have conceded fewer goals than them.
- Meanwhile, PAOK had finished their regular season 12 points lower than toppers Olympiacos, in their league.