Manchester United vs Young Boys
Date: Wednesday, 8 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
It seems like the glory days of Manchester United are back here again. They might not be in contention for the title in the PL, but they are surely getting there. And with the appointment of Ralf Rangnick, the club finally has a competent manager to lead them.
This Wednesday, the Red Devils will be eager to conclude their group stage schedule with a win at home, against the Young Boys. Note that there is a score to be settled, as the reverse encounter saw the Swiss team recording a win in dramatic fashion – with the winner coming in the 90+5th minute.
By all means, expect United to go after a huge win.
Manchester United vs Young Boys Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for the Young Boys.
- However, they have a 100% losing record against this rival in all other games.
- In fact, the Devils had kept clean sheets in all but one encounter so far.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 1-0 win for the hosts.
Manchester United vs Young Boys Prediction & Analysis
The former English champions recorded a 0-2 win on the road the last match-day in the CL, against Villarreal. They are also on a four-game unbeaten run at the moment, and three of those were wins.
They have won every single one of their home games since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer left, and will be determined to keep the momentum going.
On the other hand, the Young Boys were held to a 3-3 draw at home by Atalanta the last match-day in the CL. Moreover, they were winless in nine of their past eleven fixtures, and in the process had even gone on a three-game losing streak.
They are also on a five-fixture winless run on the road, and four of these were losses.
Considering these observations, as well as their desperation for the three points, expect Manchester United to emerge victorious in style this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Devils are at the top of the table, and they have already ensured a first-place finish, and thus progression to the knockouts.
- They have scored the most number of goals in Group F, and have conceded the least as well.
- Meanwhile, the Young Boys are placed bottom-most in the table, and they have conceded the most number of goals.
- They have scored the least as well, and have a single win to their name all through the campaign.