Manchester United vs West Ham
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 22 January 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
This is going to be a test of character for the Red Devils. They are already lagging behind in the race for top-four, and there’s constant news about conflict and disunity in the dressing room.
And now on top of that, they are pitted against the fourth-placed West Ham, who are hell-bent on taking the final CL spot for themselves.
Since both these teams are going after the fourth position, this fixture is going to be pivotal – and whoever wins this game, will get a massive advantage over the other.
By all means, expect a cracker of a game this weekend at the Old Trafford.
Both these teams have been finding the back of the net consistently, and with this being a crucial encounter, expect attacking football from the get-go. There is a huge chance that we are about to witness a goal-fest.
Manchester United vs West Ham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 0-1 win for West Ham.
- Before that, United were on a two-fixture winning streak.
- Only once have the hosts failed to score at this venue since 2015.
- The latest league encounter at this stadium had ended in a 1-0 win for the hosts.
Manchester United vs West Ham Prediction & Analysis
Ralf Rangnick’s men recorded a 1-3 win on the road the last match-day, against Brentford. They were also unbeaten in 12 of their previous 13 overall fixtures, and they had scored two or more goals in three of their past five games.
Moreover, only thrice have they failed to find the back of the net at this venue since September, and two of these clashes were against Manchester City, and Liverpool.
On the other hand, West Ham did lose 2-3 at home the past game week, against Leeds. But they were on a four-match winning run before that, and they had also scored two or more goals in their last six games in a row.
And finally, goals have also come in frequent intervals in past h2h clashes.
Taking into account these observations, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Hammers are placed fourth in the table, and they have scored the most number of goals in the competition – barring the three titans – City, Liverpool, and Chelsea.
- They had scored two or more goals in their last six fixtures on the trot.
- Meanwhile, United have lost just once in their former twelve matches, and just once since the first week of November.