Manchester United vs Watford
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 26 February 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
Manchester are dearly holding on to the widely coveted fourth spot in the English top flight. However, the likes of Arsenal and Watford are in spectacular form, and also have games in hand. The Devils will have to be at the top of their game to secure a ticket to the next edition of the Champions League.
Moreover, talisman Cristiano Ronaldo has a total of one goal all through 2022, and it is starting to bother hardcore fans of the team. The Portuguese striker needs a great game to get his rhythm back.
And by all accounts, a huge opportunity awaits the Devils this weekend. They are at home, and are pitted against one of the worst teams in the whole league.
Watford are a team that were promoted recently to the Championship, and they have also been a relegation-battler in the PL for the majority of 2021-22.
Count on Ralf Rangnick’s men to make the most of this fixture, and deliver a confidence-boosting win.
Manchester United vs Watford Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Red Devils had won eight of the past ten clashes.
- They had scored two or more goals in five of their past nine encounters.
- The hosts have a 100% winning record at this ground since 1999.
- At this stadium, the visitors have scored a total of one goal in the 21st century.
Manchester United vs Watford Prediction & Analysis
Rangnick’s men registered a 2-4 win on the road the last match-day, against Leeds. They are on a nine-fixture unbeaten run, and they had also remained so in 17 of their past 18 games.
They had also won five of their preceding ten appearances at home, and they are a contender to secure a top-four finish this season in the PL.
On the other hand, Watford did register a 0-1 win on the road the past game week, against Aston Villa. But they were on a 12-game winless run before that, and worryingly, 10 of these fixtures had ended in losses.
They have also won just thrice on the road since April of 2021, and importantly, they have a poor h2h record against this rival.
Judging all these observations, expect a win for the Devils this weekend. Moreover, it’s a matter of pride as well, as United were defeated in the reverse encounter, earlier in the season.
Key Stats for Betting
- United are one of the only three teams in the whole league to have stayed unbeaten in the past five match-days. Liverpool are another such squad.
- Watford are placed 18th in the table, and they need a surplus of four points to climb over the relegation cut-off.