Manchester United vs Southampton
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 12 February 2022
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
The Red Devils are yet to showcase any kind of domination, despite bringing in a gaffer like Ralf Rangnick, who holds high regards from the likes of Jurgen Klopp, Thomas Tuchel etc.
At least a fourth-place finish is a must for the team, or else prepare to see all hell break loose. Especially with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo in their ranks, it’s unthinkable that United would fail to qualify for the CL.
They have a tough challenge coming up this weekend, as they welcome Southampton at the Old Trafford. The Saints are in high spirits after delivering a 2-3 win on the road the past game week, against the in-form Tottenham.
This upcoming encounter at the Old Trafford is sure to be an exciting fixture. Both teams are in urgent need for points, and anticipate attacking football from either squad from the get-go.
The BTTS wager looks very promising this Saturday.
Manchester United vs Southampton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest match-up had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Three of the past four clashes had three or more goals.
- Six of the last seven meetings had goals from both teams.
- Four of the past five encounters at this ground had four or more goals.
Manchester United vs Southampton Prediction & Analysis
The Devils were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day, by Burnley. Their results have been a bit unimpressive lately. But it needs to be mentioned that they have consistently found the back of the net, and they have also seldom lost during this stretch of fixtures.
Note that they have also found the back of the net regularly at home.
On the other hand, Southampton registered a 2-3 win on the road the past game week, against Tottenham. Their past nine match-ups in a row had goals from both teams, and seven of these had three or more goals.
Expect both these teams to go for the win this weekend, and anticipate goals to come from either end of the pitch as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Rangnick’s men are placed fifth in the table, and they need a surplus of one point to climb into the top-four.
- They have lost just once in the past fifteen games.
- Meanwhile, Southampton have lost just once in the former nine games.
- Their last eight encounters on the road had three or more goals.