Manchester United vs Liverpool
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 24 October 2021
Kick-off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
Two fierce rivals take on each other this Sunday, and sparks are sure to fly. Jurgen Klopp’s men do hold the upper hand though. They simply have seemed unstoppable lately, while almost all wins by the Red Devils this season have been courtesy of late-game heroics, and individual brilliance. This weekend probably belongs to Liverpool.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Head-to-head
- The last two encounters had five or more goals.
- Six of the past nine clashes had goals from both teams.
- The latest meeting had ended in a 2-4 win for Liverpool, at this same venue.
- Since 2015, the hosts have a single clean sheet at this ground.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Prediction & Analysis
Liverpool easily have been the best team in the PL along with City, and it’s no wonder that they are on an unbeaten run since April.
Just the last game week, they had recorded a 0-5 win against Watford, and they followed it up with a 2-3 win on the road in the CL, against Atletico Madrid.
Mohammed Salah has been on fiery form all through 2021-22, and it’s expected that he will find the back of the net at least once this weekend.
Meanwhile, Manchester United were thoroughly beaten by Leicester the last match-day in the league, with a 4-2 scorecard. And as said, their only wins in recent times have come due to individual brilliance in the dying minutes of the game.
However, this trick might not work against the sturdy defense of Liverpool, led by the indomitable Virgil Van Dijk. Expect the six-time European champions to post the three points on the board.
Still, a clean sheet is not expected from Klopp’s men. The reason being – it would be hard to do so at the Old Trafford, especially after the confidence-boosting win for the Red Devils against Atalanta.
Key Stats for Betting
- Klopp’s men remain the only unbeaten team in the English top flight, and they have also have scored the most number of goals in the competition – six more than the next best record.
- They have a 100% winning record on the road, barring a 3-3 draw against Brentford.
- They have scored a total of 14 goals away from home – which is easily the best in the league. In fact, the next best is seven goals apiece by Chelsea, and West Ham.
- Meanwhile, the Red Devils have a total of three wins in their last eight games – and on all three occasions, the winning goal had come after the 80th minute.