Manchester United vs Burnley
England – Premier League
Date: Thursday, 30 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:15 UK/ 21:15 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
The Devils missed a golden opportunity to climb to the top-five of the table the last match-day, as they were held to a draw by the 19th placed Newcastle. They still do have a game in hand, and will have one more chance to make an attempt to climb into the top-most tier of the standings.
This Thursday, they are at home, and are pitted against the struggling Burnley, who have had a single win all through this campaign.
This is a great opportunity for the newly-appointed Ralf Rangnick to secure a huge win, and get the fans into his corner.
Manchester United vs Burnley Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest match-up had ended in a 3-1 win for the Devils.
- They had won five of the past seven meetings.
- The hosts have lost just once at this ground since 2010.
- The home team had scored two or more goals in five of the preceding seven clashes at this stadium.
Manchester United vs Burnley Prediction & Analysis
Rangnick’s men were held to a 1-1 draw by Newcastle the last match-day. But it needs to be noted that they are on a seven-fixture unbeaten run, and the German gaffer is yet to suffer a defeat so far with this team.
Moreover, the team had also won three of their league fixtures before the Newcastle encounter, and most importantly, they are determined to climb into the top-five this game week.
It also helps that they are taking on the struggling Burnley.
Burnley were held to a 0-0 draw the past game week by West Ham, and they were also winless in 17 of their past 19 games. Going on, they have a 100% winless record on the road this season in all competitions, and have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years too.
For the reasons, expect a compelling win for Manchester United.
Key Stats for Betting
- Burnley are placed 18th in the table, and they have remained winless in all but one of their games in the league.
- Only the dead-last placed Norwich have scored fewer goals than them this season in the PL.
- Meanwhile, the Devils are seventh in standings, and they are trailing just a single point below the fifth-placed Tottenham.
- They have lost just thrice at home in the 2021-22 edition of the PL, and two of these defeats had come in back-to-back appearances at this ground, against the two toppers – Manchester City, and Liverpool.