Manchester City vs Everton
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 21 November 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium.
The Citizens still look like one of the scariest prospects of the English top flight. However, they do not have an easy path to the title this time around – especially with the resurgence of Chelsea.
Pep Guardiola’s men will have to be even more menacing and consistent, if they are to retain their crown.
Currently they are placed second in the table, trailing three points below the Blues.
But there is an opportunity for some rearrangement, as Thomas Tuchel’s men are taking on Leicester on the road this weekend, while the Citizens are at home, and lock horns with the struggling Everton.
Count on Manchester City to go after the three points right from the get-go, particularly with the top-most spot in sights.
Manchester City vs Everton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 5-0 win for the Citizens.
- They are on an eight-game winning streak.
- They had scored a total of 23 goals in the process.
- It’s been 11 years since the guests have won at this stadium.
Manchester City vs Everton Prediction & Analysis
Guardiola’s men recorded a 0-2 win the last match-day, against arch-rivals Manchester United – and that too at the Old Trafford. They are also at the top of their CL group (which consists heavyweights PSG), and at home they have been nearly untouchable for quite some years now.
On the other hand, Everton were held to a 0-0 draw the past game week by Tottenham. They were also winless in seven of their former eight games, and five of these were losses.
And on top of all that, Pep’s men have a great h2h record against this foe over the years too.
Considering these observations, expect a compelling win for Manchester City this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Pep’s men have lost just twice this season so far, and one of these losses had come in the very first match-day, against Tottenham.
- They have scored four or more goals in six of their last nine appearances at home.
- Their only defeat at home in the past six-month period had come against Crystal Palace.
- Meanwhile, Everton are on a five-game winless run, and disregarding their victory against the dead-last placed Norwich, it’s a seven-fixture winless streak.
- They have managed to record a single league win on the road this whole season – and it had come against Brighton.