Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 30 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium.
The defending champions show no sings of stopping anytime soon. They are on a roll, and are about to deliver another great campaign. This weekend at home, against the out-of-form Crystal Palace, they are massive favorites to post the three points on the board.
Manchester City vs Crystal Palace Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for City.
- They had won four of the past five clashes.
- They had scored two or more goals in 12 of the former 13 meetings.
- The hosts had scored a total of 30 goals from the last eight match-ups at this venue.
Manchester City vs Crystal Palace Prediction & Analysis
Pep Guardiola’s men had recorded a 1-4 win on the road the last match-day, against Brighton. They are also on a three-game winning streak, and their only defeat in the past 12 games had come against PSG.
Going on, they had scored a total of 37 goals from their former 12 fixtures, and they had won eight of their preceding nine appearances at home. Do note that they had scored a total of 36 goals from their last nine home matches
On the other hand, Crystal Palace were held to a 1-1 draw at home by the 19th placed Newcastle. They are also on a five-fixture winless run, and they had remained so in nine of their past ten overall games.
Going on, their latest victory on the road had come against a team currently in the Championship (Sheffield United), and they have won just four times on the road since last October.
By the looks of things, expect a huge win for Manchester City.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Citizens are placed third in the table, and have lost just once all through this campaign.
- Only Chelsea and Liverpool have scored more goals than them this season, and only the Blues have conceded fewer than them in the English top flight.
- They have a perfect winning record at home, and are yet to concede a goal at the Etihad in the PL.
- Meanwhile, Crystal Palace are on a five-game winless run in the league, and they are placed 15th in a table of 20.
- They are completely winless in away fixtures in the 2021-22 edition of the PL, and they have a total of three wins on the road in the whole of 2021, in all competitions.