Liverpool vs Southampton
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
There seems no stopping Liverpool now. They are determined to make life harder for the reigning European champions Chelsea, and defending English champions Manchester City.
The Reds are currently in possession of the third position, and are giving a tough chase for one of the top-two spots. And they have a huge opportunity coming up as well.
City are taking on fourth-placed West Ham, while toppers Chelsea are pitted against the wounded Manchester United. If things go well, Jurgen Klopp’s men could be sitting in a good position after this weekend.
However, they will have to take care of business against Southampton though. The Saints have been on a rather dull run lately, and particularly so on the road. And on top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe.
As such, anticipate a win for the Reds this Saturday.
Liverpool vs Southampton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-0 win for the Reds.
- They had won seven of the past eight meetings.
- At this venue, the hosts are on a four-game winning streak.
- It’s been four years since the guests have scored a goal at this ground.
Liverpool vs Southampton Prediction & Analysis
Liverpool recorded a comprehensive 4-0 win against the in-form Arsenal the last match-day. Note that they had earlier recorded a 0-5 win at the Old Trafford, against Manchester United as well.
The Reds are in supreme form right now, and especially at Anfield, they will be even more dangerous.
On the other hand, Southampton lost the last game week against the 19th placed Norwich. They were also winless in 12 of their preceding 16 games, and they have a total of just two wins on the road since March. One of these had come in the EFL Cup, against a team from the lower division.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Liverpool this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Klopp’s men have lost just once all through this campaign, and the sole defeat had come against the fourth-placed West Ham.
- With 35 goals from just 12 games, they have easily scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the league. In fact, only three other squads have even scored more than 20.
- Southampton have won just thrice this season in the PL, and only the recently-promoted Norwich have scored fewer goals than them.