Liverpool vs Leeds United
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 23 February 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Liverpool have once again rekindled the race for the title. They are now on a long winning streak, and need a surplus of just six points to climb level with the first-placed Manchester City.
The Reds have now scored the most number of goals in the competition, and importantly, they are the only team yet to lose a fixture at home in the PL in 2021-22.
Meanwhile, Leeds are on a long winless run, and only the dead-last placed Norwich have conceded more goals than them in the league. They have also seldom registered wins on the road this season, and most importantly, they have a rather inferior h2h record against this rival over the years.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Jurgen Klopp’s men this Wednesday.
Liverpool vs Leeds Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-3 win for the Reds.
- They had won nine of the past ten clashes.
- The hosts had scored a total of 12 goals from the past four match-ups at this stadium.
- It’s been 21 years since the hosts have lost at this ground.
Liverpool vs Leeds Prediction & Analysis
Klopp’s men registered a 3-1 win at home the last match-day, against Norwich. They are also on an eight-game winning streak, and this stretch includes victories against Inter, Leicester, and Arsenal.
They were also unbeaten in 41 of their past 43 overall fixtures, and they had won 12 of their past 13 appearances at home. Note that they had scored a total of 22 goals from their past seven home matches as well.
On the other hand, Leeds lost 2-4 at home the past game week, against Manchester United. They had also lost seven of their past ten overall fixtures, and they have won just once away from home since October.
Taking into account these observations, and past h2h stats, expect a win for Liverpool this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Reds are the only team to have won the last five games in the PL.
- They have a 100% winning record at this ground, barring three draws.
- They had kept clean sheets in three of the last five appearances at this ground.
- Meanwhile, Leeds had conceded a total of ten goals from their last three matches combined.
- They had let in a total of 20 goals from their preceding six road trips