Liverpool vs Cardiff
England – FA Cup
Date: Sunday, 6 February 2022
Kick-off at 12:00 UK/ 13:00 CET
Liverpool have been the best in England this season after Manchester City, and as expected, they are placed second in the top flight. They are on a long stretch of impressive performances, and particularly so at home.
And it needs to be mentioned that they have coped rather well without the services of some of their star players, who have gone to take part in the Cup of Nations.
Meanwhile, Cardiff are one of the weakest teams in the second division. They are placed 20th in a table of 24 in the Championship, and are going through a rather dull streak of games. They are conceding goals in plenty, and most importantly, they have been kind of a mess on the road.
Moreover, they also have an inferior h2h record against this rival over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a compelling win for Liverpool this Sunday.
Liverpool vs Cardiff Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest match-up had ended in a 0-2 win for the Reds.
- They are on a four-fixture winning streak.
- They had scored a total of 19 goals from the past six clashes.
- At this venue, the hosts have a 100% winning record in the 21st century.
Liverpool vs Cardiff Prediction & Analysis
Liverpool registered a 4-1 win at home in the previous round, against Shrewsbury. They are on a three-game winning streak, and had scored a total of eight goals in the process.
They were also unbeaten in 47 of their last 50 overall games, and they had won nine of their preceding ten appearances at home.
In fact, they have not lost a game at home stretching back to April.
On the other hand, Cardiff recorded a 2-1 win at home against Preston, in extra time, in the preceding round. They were also winless in seven of their last nine matches, and they have won just thrice on the road since September.
Finally, Jurgen Klopp’s men also have a superb h2h record against this rival over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Liverpool this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Reds have scored the most number of goals in the competition. In fact, only one other team has scored more than 50 goals, and only two more other teams have scored more than 40.
- Meanwhile, only two other squads in the Championship have won fewer matches than Cardiff this season.
- They have won just once on the road since November.