Lille vs Angers
France – Ligue 1
Date: Saturday, 6 November 2021
Kick-off at 16:00 UK / 17:00 CET
Venue: Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
Lille will enter this game on a high after a huge 1-2 win over Sevilla in Spain. They have shown signs of much better displays of late and Angers are an ideal opposition to allow them to get their Ligue 1 campaign back on track with a win on Saturday afternoon.
Lille vs Angers Head-to-head
- Although Angers lead the head to head tie by two wins going into the 14th clash against Lille, the hosts have been much more successful in the latest head to head encounters.
- Lille won four of the last five meetings with Angers.
- Both teams scored in three of the last four head to head games.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lille showed great performances in the last two matches against PSG and Sevilla.
- Jonathan David scored a goal in each of his last three appearances for Lille.
- Angers conceded two goals in each of the last four games they played.
- Angers took only one point from the last three Ligue 1 outings.
Lille vs Angers Predictions & Analysis
Lille will finish a challenging week on Saturday afternoon when they play host to Angers in the 13th round of the Ligue 1.
The head coach Jocelyn Gourvennec looks to have finally found the right formula as Lille improved their displays significantly of late in comparison to a dismal start to the season.
Lille were on the brink of a big upset last weekend when they dropped the lead against PAG away at Parc Des Princes after conceding two late goals in the second half.
They backed up a fine display from French capital on Tuesday evening, beating Sevilla 1-2 on the road in the UEFA Champions League
It was a massive three-pointer for Lille, both in terms of their ambitions in the elite continental competition as well as for confidence.
It was the first victory in five matches for Lille who will have a great chance to get their domestic league campaign up and running as well here against Angers.
Angers will enter this match in a completely opposite mood. They were outplayed last weekend by Nice, falling 1-2 at home on the occasion.
They will travel to Stade Pierre-Mauroy off the back of two defeats and a draw in the last three Ligue 1 affairs