Leipzig vs Manchester City
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 7 December 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK / 18.45 CET
Venue: Red Bull Arena.
Despite the loss against PSG, the Citizens have looked comfortable in the UCL. They are looking likely to end their group stage run with a win even with a rotating squad likely to be used. Thanks to the poor form of the hosts and their incredible squad depth. Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Leipzig vs Manchester City Head-to-head
- Their only previous encounter, ended 6-3 in favour of the hosts at the Etihad Stadium this September.
- RB Leipzig has won thrice and lost 4 matches against English clubs.
- MCFC has won 18 and lost 7 fixtures in 28 games against German clubs.
- English clubs have won once in 3 games at this venue.
Leipzig vs Manchester City Predictions & Analysis
Manchester City has sealed their top spot in Group A of the Champions League group stages as they are 4 points clear of PSG.
Winning all their games in the UCL apart from their fixture at Paris has put them top of the group with 12 points.
Leipzig meanwhile have been knocked out of the tournament. They however, should compete in the round of 32 of the Europa League even if they lose on Tuesday, provided Club Brugge does not miraculously get away with a point or more against PSG at Parc des Princes.
With their draw against PSG at home and the 0-5 demolition job of Bruges, they are 3rd in the group with 4 points level on points with Club Brugge.
The hosts have lost 4 of their last 5 fixtures. In such form, you would not want to back them against the mighty Citizens who are on a 7 match winning streak.
After their clash at the Etihad which witnessed 9 goals, it is unlikely we will witness a cagey affair this Tuesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Man City has won all their last 6 away games disregarding their exit in the League Cup on penalties against West Ham.
- The Red Bulls have registered just one win in their last 7 UCL fixtures.
- Leipzig’s 7 out of the last 8 games has involved 3 or more goals.
- The Cityzens have scored 17 goals in the 5 group stage matches