Leicester vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2021
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: King Power Stadium.
The Blues have taken a respectable lead at the top of the table, especially considering just how competitive the Premier League has been this time around. They will be eager to hold on to that top-most spot, and have all the momentum to do so as well
However, they will be forced to work for that three points, as they are taking on the 2015-16 champions. The Foxes have not been at their best this season, but taking them at their home, could be a challenge.
Expect a fierce encounter this weekend. Still, count on the reigning European champions to grind out a hard-fought win.
Leicester vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for the Blues.
- They had recorded 14 of the preceding 18 overall wins.
- Since 2015, the hosts have won just once at this venue.
- The home team had failed to score goals in two of the previous four clashes at this ground.
Leicester vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Leicester were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day, by the struggling Leeds. They are also on a three-game winless run, and they have a single win at home since August.
On the other hand, Thomas Tuchel’s men are determined to put an end to the hold of Pep Guardiola over England. The 2020-21 CL winners were held to a 1-1 draw the past game week by Burnley.
But before that they were on a seven-game winning streak, and since May of 2021, they have lost just once on the road. This sole defeat had come against Juventus in the Champions League.
Taking into account these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a win for Chelsea this Saturday at the King Power Stadium.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Blues have lost just once all through the campaign, and the defeat had come against none other than Manchester City.
- They are at the top of the table with a three-point lead, and having conceded just four goals from their eleven league matches – they have had the best defense in the competition.
- Barring Liverpool, they have also scored the most number of goals in the tournament as well.
- Meanwhile, Leicester have won just four times in the 2021-22 edition of the PL, and just twice at home.
- They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their past 10 fixtures on the trot