Leicester City vs West Ham
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 13 February 2022
Kick-off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: King Power Stadium.
Leicester have been facing some struggles with their results lately, and to add insult to injury, they were eliminated from the FA Cup the last match-day, by a team from lower division.
The team is on a winless streak at the moment, and they are conceding goals quite huge in numbers. They are currently placed outside of the top-ten of the table, and it’s doubtful if they would be able to overcome the gap of points to make it one of the European competitions next season.
Meanwhile, West Ham are placed fourth in the table, and they easily have been one of the very best in the league in 2021-22.
Their objective is a ticket to the CL, but they are being furiously chased by the fifth-placed Manchester United. As such, a win is a must for the Hammers this weekend.
Judging recent form of either squad, and recent h2h results as well, expect West Ham to have the edge this weekend.
Leicester vs West Ham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 4-1 win for West Ham.
- They are on a three-fixture winning streak.
- They had scored three or more goals in the past three clashes.
- It’s been six years since the hosts have kept a clean sheet at this ground.
Leicester vs West Ham Prediction & Analysis
The Foxes were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day by Brighton, and then they followed it up with a 4-1 loss on the road in the FA Cup, against Nottingham Forest.
They are also on a three-game winless streak, and they are yet to keep a clean sheet in 2022. Note that they are also yet to register a win at home in a league game this year.
On the other hand, West Ham recorded a 1-0 win at home the past game week, against Watford. They are also on a two-fixture winning streak, and had won six of their last eight match-ups.
Moreover, they also have a good h2h record against this opponent in recent years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for the Hammers this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Hammers have scored the most number of goals in the league, after the three titans – City, Chelsea, and Liverpool.
- Despite being former champions, only six teams have conceded more goals than Leicester this season in the PL.