Leeds vs Wolves
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 23 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Elland Road.
With a single win so far in the league this season, Leeds have not at all been impressive. Meanwhile, Wolves simply have been on fire, and are raking up goal after goal. They are expected to have the upper hand this weekend, and post the three points on the board.
Leeds vs Wolves Head-to-head
- Wolverhampton are on a five-game winning streak.
- The latest meeting had ended in a 1-0 win for them.
- They had conceded a single goal from these five clashes.
- It’s been five years since they last lost at this venue.
Leeds vs Wolves Prediction & Analysis
Leeds lost 1-0 on the road the last match-day, against the 15th placed Southampton. They have a total of just two wins in all competitions since May, and both had come against teams that were playing in lower divisions the last season (Watford and Crewe).
Going on, the team always used to score a lot, and concede plenty in return too. However, this time around, their offense has been a total mess, while their defense has become even worse.
On the other hand, the Wolves are having the time of their lives now. They recorded an inspirational comeback win the last game week, against Aston Villa.
After going down 2-0 on the road, the team struck thrice in the final ten minutes of the encounter to secure the win. And note that the winning goal had come in the 90+5th minute.
They are on superb form at the moment, and this win will only have added to their confidence and momentum.
Against the struggling Leeds, the Wolves are expected to secure a win, and score in plenty.
Key Stats for Betting
- Leeds have been winless in the PL barring their match-up against the newly-promoted Watford.
- Only three teams in the whole competition have scored fewer goals than them, and only the bottom-most two teams have conceded more goals than them.
- They had conceded two or more goals in five of their preceding seven appearances at home, and they have a total of just three clean sheets in the past five-month period.
- Meanwhile, Wolves are on a three-game winning streak, and had won their last four road trips in a row.
- In fact, they have a 100% winning record in away fixtures in the PL, disregarding their encounter against 2015-16 champions Leicester