The Azzurri have a great opportunity to rope in two international titles in the same year, as they hope to follow up their Euro triumph with the Nations League trophy. However, the wounded Luis Enrique’s side will have a thing or two to say about that, as they look for revenge for their defeat in the semis of the Euro 2020, by this same team.
Tips for Italy vs Spain
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1)
Italy to Win @ 2.40 (7/5)
Key Stats for Betting
- The Italians are on a 38-game unbeaten run.
- During this stretch, they had recorded two separate 11-match winning streaks.
- The last this team lost a match-up was back in 2018, against Portugal.
- The Spaniards had failed to win six of their former nine games.
- Still, they had not failed to find the back of the net in their last eight straight fixtures.
Italy vs Spain Prediction and Analysis
The Italians are high on confidence after securing the coveted Euro Cup just three months back. It was definitely a tear-jerking moment for them, as they redeemed themselves after failing to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.
It was unthinkable for a nation with such proud footballing heritage to miss out on the World Championships, and under Roberto Mancini, they are once again looking like world-beaters from the past.
The Azzurri definitely do have the edge this Wednesday, as en route to their title in the Euros, they had booted out this same opponent – Spain, in the semis.
Moreover, Mancini’s men are on a superb and long winning run, while La Roja are on a rather inconsistent streak lately.
In addition, the rather young squad of Spain might buckle under pressure (as they did in the Olympics Gold Medal game against Brazil), and they also have injury problems to deal with.
Likely, expect a win for Italy – which will also help their cause to go after the 2022 World Cup.
However, a clean sheet is not guaranteed for the European champions.
They were thoroughly tested by Enrique’s men in the Euro semis, and on top of that, the Spaniards have such a free-flowing offense, that slots in goals at a great rate almost in every single one of their fixtures.
Italy vs Spain: Head-to-head
- The last time these two locked horns, Italy won via penalties.
- Six of the past seven encounters had goals from both teams.
- These two also have another piece of history between them, as Spain had defeated this foe in the 2012 Euro Final.
Italy vs Spain
UEFA Nations League – League A – Playoffs
Date: Wednesday, 6 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.