Inter Milan vs Juventus
Italy – Super Cup
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Inter have been in great form for the past two years, and they are not showing any signs of slowing down. Last season, they put an end to the nine-year long monopoly of the Old Lady, and lifted the Serie A title.
And now, they have the opportunity to pull one more win over their arch-rivals, and secure the Super Cup.
Meanwhile, Juve are trying their best to climb into the top-four of the league table. In 2020-21, they had narrowly qualified for the Champions League, as they ensured their fourth-place finish only on the last match-day.
They are in a reasonably good form, but it is nowhere near the level that is expected of them. Moreover, in comparison to Inter, they are not in a good stretch of performances at all.
As things stand, expect a win for Inter this Wednesday at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Inter Milan vs Juventus Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Two of the past four clashes had three or more goals.
- In the past seven-year period, not once have the guests failed to keep a clean sheet at this stadium.
- Five of the preceding eight meetings had three or more goals.
Inter Milan vs Juventus Prediction & Analysis
Inter are on an eight-fixture winning streak in the Serie A, and this run has included wins against the likes of Lazio, Napoli etc – some of the very best teams in Italy.
They are also scoring goals in huge numbers. In fact, they had scored two or more goals in 11 of the past 14 fixtures, and most importantly, only once have they lost at home since February of 2021. And this defeat had come against Real Madrid.
On the other hand, Juve were winless in four of their former eight road trips. They had also conceded three or more goals in two of their past five away fixtures.
Taking into account the performances of the two teams over the course of the past two seasons, expect Inter to have the edge this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Inter are on an eight-game winning streak in the league.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the Serie this season, and remain the only squad to have slotted in more than 50 goals. Note that Juve could manage to score just 32 meanwhile.
- Going on, Inter have lost just once all through their league campaign, while the Old Lady have already lost five times.