Ghana vs Nigeria
World Cup Qualification CAF
Date: Friday, 25 March 2022
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Baba Yara Stadium.
Nigeria are in great form, and hope they could make their routine trip to the World Cup. They are ranked 32nd in the world, and have been one of the best teams in the African continent for the past several years.
They had secured the top-most spot in Group C, and had lost just once all through the campaign. They had also scored the most number of goals in the group, and had conceded the least as well.
It also needs to be mentioned that they had a superb campaign in the recently concluded Cup of Nations – especially in the Group Stage.
Meanwhile, Ghana are ranked 61st in the world, and they had a poor campaign in the Cup of Nations. They have also been on a losing streak lately, and have been conceding goals in huge numbers in the process.
By the looks of things, expect the Nigerians to register a win this Friday on the road, and thus get themselves nearer to a spot in the Qatar World Cup.
Ghana vs Nigeria Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the past eight encounters had goals from both teams.
- The latest fixture had ended in a 1-4 win for Ghana.
- It’s been 12 years since they have won at home.
- The latest such encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for the Nigerians.
Ghana vs Nigeria Prediction & Analysis
Ghana are on a four-game winless run, and three of these were losses. They had conceded three or more goals in two of these fixtures, and it needs to be noted that they are still searching for their first win in 2022.
On the other hand, Nigeria had won seven of their past ten overall fixtures, and they had scored two or more goals in six of their former ten match-ups.
They are also on an unbeaten run on the road since September of 2019, and barring three draws, this changes into a perfect winning record.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Nigeria this Friday at the Baba Yara Stadium.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Nigerians had a 100% winning record in the group stages of the Cup of Nations. And they had a combined scorecard of 6-1 in the process.
- Meanwhile, Ghana had finished dead last in Group C, and had conceded the most, as well as had scored the least there.