Galatasaray vs Marseille
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 25 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Nef Stadium.
Galatasaray have been in fine form lately, and despite the presence of some heavyweights in the group, they have raced to the top of the table
And with just two match-days remaining, they have a fine shot to become group champions, and thus gain direct entry to the Round of 16 of the Europa.
Meanwhile, Marseille are going through a rather poor streak of performances, and especially on the road they have been a mess all through 2021.
By the looks of things, expect an impressive display from Gala this Thursday, which should help them to make it to the knockouts of the competition.
Galatasaray vs Marseille Head-to-head (h2h)
- The only meeting between the two ended in a goalless draw.
- Gala had remained unbeaten in nine of their past eighteen clashes against other French rivals.
- In fact, of their total nine defeats against French foes, five had come against PSG, and three against Monaco.
- Marseille were winless in five of their last seven encounters against other Turkish rivals.
Galatasaray vs Marseille Prediction & Analysis
Galatasaray recorded a 1-1 draw at home the last match-day in the Europa, against Lokomotiv Moscow.
They were also unbeaten in 11 of their past 13 overall games, and they have lost just thrice at home since March. In the process, they had also gone on a five-game winning streak.
On the other hand, Marseille were held to a 2-2 draw at home by Lazio in their latest Europa game. They were also winless in nine of their past eleven fixtures, and had failed to score in five of their preceding nine fixtures.
Going on, they have a total of five wins on the road in the whole of 2021, and one of these had come in Coupe de France, against a team from the lower division.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Galatasaray this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Gala are at the top of the table, and that too with an unbeaten record. They also have a lead of three points over the second-placed Lazio.
- They have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in Group E.
- Marseille are on a completely winless run in the Europa, and they have conceded the most number of goals in the group – barring the dead-last placed Lokomotiv Moscow.
- They have managed to score a total of just one goal in all their away games combined.