Everton vs Watford
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 23 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Goodison Park.
Everton have been going through a rather dull streak lately, and they need a win this Saturday at any cost to get their season back on track. At home, against the out-of-form and newly-promoted Watford, they are expected to post the three points.
Everton vs Watford Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-3 win for the Toffees.
- They are on a three-fixture winning streak.
- They had recorded ten of the past thirteen overall wins.
- Since 2000, they have a perfect winning record at home, barring two draws.
Everton vs Watford Prediction & Analysis
Everton lost 0-1 at home the last match-day, against West Ham. They have been struggling a bit to show consistency lately, but they will be counting on their home form this weekend.
Disregarding a single hard-fought defeat, the team has a perfect winning record at this venue, and have been scoring goals in huge numbers all through this stretch.
Moreover, teams placed second to seventh in the table have tough games this weekend, and will be dropping points. This is an opportunity for Everton to make amends for their recent loss of form.
On top of that, they are pitted against one of the weakest squads in the league. Not only are Watford a newly-promoted team from the Championship, but they are also on a poor stretch of performances right from the start of the season.
They had just lost 0-5 at home, against Liverpool, and had also lost eight of their past twelve games. And importantly, they have a 100% losing record on the road, barring their meeting against the dead-last placed Norwich.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Everton.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Toffees might have dropped some points lately, but still they have lost just twice all through this 2021-22 season. The defeats had come against West Ham, and Aston Villa.
- They have a 100% winning record at home barring a single loss this season, and they have also scored two or more goals in all but one home appearance.
- As of now, they need a surplus of just one point to get into the top-five of the PL standings.
- Watford have won just twice in the league campaign so far, and one of these wins had come against the 20th placed Norwich.
- Only the bottom-most two teams have conceded more goals than them so far.