Everton vs Tottenham
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 7 November 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Goodison Park.
Both Spurs and Everton are going through dismal runs at the moment, and are conceding goals in huge numbers. However, Tottenham are trying to turn things around.
They bid goodbye to their gaffer Nuno Santo this week, and welcomed serial winner Antonio Conte. While nothing drastic is expected overnight, at least the spirits and confidence of the players are lifted now.
As things stand, expect Spurs to have the upper hand this weekend. And considering the defensive performances of either squad in the past several weeks, anticipate a goal-fest as well.
Everton vs Tottenham Head-to-head
- Seven of the past clashes had three or more goals.
- Eight of the former twelve encounters had goals from both teams.
- It’s been nine years since Everton have won at this venue.
- Tottenham had recorded eight of the preceding nine overall wins.
Everton vs Tottenham Prediction & Analysis
Everton lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Wolves. They are also on a three-game losing streak, and had lost five of their preceding seven games.
Moreover, their only three wins at home this season had come against teams currently placed 14th or below in the table. And note that two of these squads are currently placed in the relegation zone.
On the other hand, Tottenham lost 0-3 at home the past game week against Manchester United.
They had also lost three of their former four games, and had won just thrice on the road this whole season. Two of these wins had come against the 18th placed Burnley, and the 19th placed Newcastle.
Considering these observations, expect these two defensively fragile teams to concede in plenty this weekend.
However, the arrival of Conte should bring some change for Tottenham. Moreover, they also have the better h2h record over the years.
Likely, a DNB on the Spurs seems like a valuable wager.
Key Stats for Betting
- Everton are on a three-fixture losing streak, and they had let in a total of eight goals in the process.
- In fact, their only win in the past seven games had come against the dead-last placed Norwich.
- Their latest appearance at home had ended in a 2-5 loss to the recently promoted Watford.
- Meanwhile, Spurs have a total of two clean sheets on the road since March, and one of these had come against the 18th placed Burnley.
- And this match-up against Burnley also saw their only clean sheet in the past 12 games