Everton vs Brentford
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5 February 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Goodison Park.
Contrary to usual, Everton have been one of the weakest teams in the English top flight this season. They are placed 16th in a table of 20, with a surplus of just four points over the relegation cut-off.
They have been out of form right from the start of the season, and they have conceded goals in plenty all along.
As of now, they will not be even that particular about progressing deep into the FA Cup, as the threat of relegation looms.
Meanwhile, Brentford are a new addition to the PL, as they were promoted to the top flight just at the end of the last season.
And they did show promise at the start of the new campaign. However, since then they have regressed back to the mean.
Currently they are conceding goals in plenty – particularly so in road fixtures.
By the looks of things, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend at the Goodison Park.
Everton vs Brentford Head-to-head (h2h)
- After 1954, only twice have these two locked horns, and on both occasions, Everton lost.
- The Toffees had scored three or more goals in three of the past six encounters.
- The latest meeting between the two had ended in a 1-0 win for Brentford.
- 10 of the past 18 clashes had three or more goals.
Everton vs Brentford Prediction & Analysis
Everton had to go into extra time to beat a team from the lower division, in the previous round of the FA Cup. Their clash with Hull, ended in a 2-3 win for them.
Going on, the Toffees had lost 10 of their past 14 overall games, and they had also lost five of their preceding seven appearances at home. Note that they had conceded three or more goals in three of their former six home matches as well.
On the other hand, Brentford registered a 1-4 win on the road against Port Vale, in the preceding round. However, since then they went on a four-game losing streak, conceding 12 goals in the process.
They had also lost seven of their last nine match-ups, and this victory against Port Vale was their only one on the road since October.
Taking into account the defensive issues of either squad, expect goals to come from both end of the pitch this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Everton are placed 16th in a table of 20 in the PL, and they have won just five times all through the campaign.
- They have managed a single win at home since September.
- Meanwhile, Brentford are on a four-fixture losing streak, and they had let in a total of 12 goals in the process.