Elche vs Real Madrid
Spain – Copa del Rey
Date: Thursday, 20 January 2022
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero.
At this point, not a single team seems capable to take on Real Madrid in Spain. They are on course to dominate all aspects of football in the country.
Just the last match-day, they lifted the Super Cup defeating Athletic Bilbao. And the game week before, they recorded an unbelievable fifth El Clasico win in a row. Earlier, at least Barcelona were able to give some competition to the team. But now, even that seems far-fetched.
This Thursday in Copa del Rey, the Los Blancos are pitted against Elche, who are placed 15th in the league table. The latter have had some success lately, but let’s be honest here. They do not stand a chance against the Royal Whites.
Moreover, Carlo Ancelotti’s men feel this could be finally the year they could go for the treble.
Elche vs Real Madrid Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 1-2 win for Ancelotti’s men.
- They have a 100% winning record this past decade, barring a single draw.
- The guests had scored two or more goals in all but one meeting at this venue.
- Not once have the hosts scored more than one goal at this ground since 2000.
Elche vs Real Madrid Prediction & Analysis
Elche recorded a 1-2 win on the road in the previous round, against Almeria – who are from the second division.
Going on, Elche have struggled at home all through 2021-22 – registering just three wins in the process. And they are not at all equipped to take on a pumped Real Madrid, who are high on momentum after their Super Cup triumph.
Ancelotti’s men are on a four-fixture winning streak, and the last three wins were against Barcelona, Bilbao, and Valencia – some of the best teams in Spain.
On top of that, the Los Blancos also have a great h2h record against this foe over the years.
By all means, expect a win for Real Madrid this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Ancelotti’s men are placed at the top of the league table, and they have a lead of five points.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the competition – 45, while none of the other squads have even touched the 35-goal mark.
- Meanwhile, Elche are placed 15th in the table, and they have won just five times all through the competition.
- They have won just thrice at home this whole season, and two of these wins had come against teams placed 14th or lower in the table