Eintracht Frankfurt vs Barcelona
Date: Thursday, 7 April 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Deutsche Bank Park.
This knockout fixture could not have come at a better time for Barcelona. They are in unbelievable form, and are scoring goals at a great rate. More than that, March was supposed to be the month in which Xavi ‘should have been exposed’.
But instead, the Spanish legend has brought back his old club to the forefront of European football once again.
The Catalans have now registered back-to-back wins against some of the very best teams in Spain, and now they also have the confidence of easily being the top-dog in the Europa. Their objective is nothing but the title, and Eintracht are just obstacles that need to be overcome.
Moreover, Frankfurt are going through a rather poor stretch of performances at the moment, and they are also struggling quite a bit with their defense.
Even at home, they have failed to deliver any kind of a good performance lately, and frankly their confidence level is at an absolute low.
By all means, expect a winning performance from Barcelona this Thursday on the road.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Barcelona Head-to-head (h2h)
- These two squads are about to lock horns for the first time.
- It’s been 21 years since Barca lost against any German team, but Bayern.
- And disregarding Bayer Leverkusen as well, it’s been 42 years.
- Frankfurt had failed to keep clean sheets in their last three match-ups against other Spanish rivals.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Barcelona Prediction & Analysis
Frankfurt barely made it past Betis in the previous round. As of now, they are on a four-fixture winless streak, and they had remained so in seven of their past eight appearances at home. Note that they had also gone on a four-game losing streak in the process.
On the other hand, Xavi’s men recorded a 1-2 win against Galatasaray on the road, to make it to the Quarter Final of the Europa. They are also on a four-fixture winning streak (which included a 0-4 win against Real Madrid, and a 1-0 win against Sevilla).
They had also won eight of their preceding nine games, and are on a five-fixture winning streak on the road.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Barca this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The loss against Bayern Munich still remains the final defeat that the Catalans had suffered in regular time in the past 21 fixtures.
- They had kept clean sheets in four of the past five fixtures.
- Meanwhile, Frankfurt have a total of just four wins since mid-December.
- And only one of these victories had come at home