Crystal Palace vs Newcastle
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 23 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace are so far unbeaten at home this league season, and they have performed rather well lately despite having a tough schedule. Against Newcastle, who just bid goodbye to their manager Steve Bruce, they are the favorites to post a win.
Crystal Palace vs Newcastle Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-2 win for Palace.
- They had won three of the preceding five clashes, and they had lost just twice in the past four-year period.
- At home, they have lost just once in the past eight-year period.
- The hosts had kept clean sheets in two of the preceding three meetings at this ground.
Crystal Palace vs Newcastle Prediction & Analysis
Crystal Palace recorded a 2-2 draw the last match-day against the in-form Arsenal.
They had a tough six game weeks, which saw them taking on the likes of the Gunners, Leicester, Brighton, Liverpool, Tottenham, and West Ham – all some of the best teams in the PL.
And all through this stretch, the team lost just once – against Liverpool at the Anfield.
Going on, at this venue, their performances have been even better lately.
On the other hand, Newcastle lost 2-3 at home against Tottenham, and they are on a nine-game winless streak. Note that six of these were losses, and they had conceded two or more goals in six of their last nine match-ups.
Moreover, they have been a total mess on the road in recent weeks, and they also have an inferior h2h record against this rival.
For all these reasons, expect a win for Crystal Palace this Saturday at the Selhurst Park.
Key Stats for Betting
- Newcastle are still searching for their first win of the league season, and are placed 19th in a table of 20.
- They have a 100% losing record, barring three draws, and they have conceded the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
- They have a 100% losing record on the road, disregarding their fixture against the 16th placed Watford.
- Meanwhile, Crystal Palace have lost just twice in the 2021-22 edition of the PL, and the two defeats had come against Liverpool, and Chelsea – two of the best teams in England.
- They also have a 100% unbeaten record at home this new season, and have scored two or more goals in all but two appearances here.