Chelsea vs Southampton
England – Carabao Cup
Date: Tuesday, 26 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
The Blues seemingly appear unstoppable at the moment, and have all intention of topping their previous season, which saw them become European champions. At home this Tuesday, against the out-of-form Southampton, they have the upper hand.
Chelsea vs Southampton Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-1 win for Chelsea, and it had taken place this same month.
- In the past six years, only once have they lost.
- The hosts had scored three or more goals in the last two meetings here.
- Whereas they had kept clean sheets in three of the former six clashes at this venue.
Chelsea vs Southampton Prediction & Analysis
Chelsea had defeated Aston Villa in the previous round, via penalties. They are on a superb streak, and they are already in a three-way race for the title, with Liverpool, and Manchester City.
They have the added confidence of securing the UCL the last season, and in 2021-22, their squad has only improved.
They have been finding the back of the net with comfortable ease lately, and particularly so at home.
Note that they are at the top of the PL table at the moment, and they have conceded the least, while having scored the second-most.
On the other hand, Southampton had to go through penalties to defeat a team from the Championship (Sheffield United) in the previous round. They are also one of the worst teams in the PL in 2021-22, and they have a worrying h2h record against this foe.
For the reasons, expect a win for Chelsea this Tuesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Thomas Tuchel’s men are on a four-fixture winning streak, and they have a combined scorecard of 11-0 from their last two games alone.
- They had won 12 of their past 15 fixtures, and during this stretch they had lost just twice, and drew one game. The defeats had come against Juventus, and Manchester City – while the draw had come against Liverpool.
- They had won seven of their preceding eight home appearances, and they had scored a total of 14 goals from their previous three home matches combined.
- Meanwhile, Southampton have won just twice in their last 12 fixtures. The wins had come against the struggling Leeds, and Newport from the lower division.
- All through 2021, Southampton have a single win on the road, against a team that currently plays in the top flight – Wolves, back in February.