Chelsea vs Norwich
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 23 October 2021
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
Toppers and reigning European champions Chelsea are massive favorites this weekend to secure a win over the newly-promoted Norwich, who are also placed bottom-most in the table. Expect a goal-fest at the Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea vs Norwich Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for Chelsea.
- They are on a 17-game unbeaten streak, and 12 of these were wins.
- At home, they have conceded a total of just three goals from the last ten clashes.
- It’s been 28 years since they lost at home.
Chelsea vs Norwich Prediction & Analysis
Thomas Tuchel’s men recorded a 0-1 win on the road the last match-day, against Brentford. Going on, they had won 10 of their previous 13 games, and they had recorded wins in nine of their past ten appearances at home as well.
They have been scoring goals in huge numbers all through this stretch, and they are determined to keep a hold of the top-most spot.
Moreover, this is a huge opportunity for the European champions to increase their lead at the top.
While they are pitted against the absolute worst team in the league, second-placed Liverpool are taking on the sixth-placed Manchester United, third-placed City are taking on the fourth-placed Brighton, and the fifth-placed Tottenham are locking horns with the seventh-placed West Ham.
At least three of these six squads will be dropping points, which is a chance that should not be missed by Tuchel’s men.
Norwich, who were held to a 0-0 draw by Brighton the last game week, are massive underdogs this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Blues are at the top of the table, and have lost just once all through this campaign – against defending English champions Manchester City.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the competition, save for the exception of Liverpool, and importantly, they have conceded the least as well.
- Norwich are yet to post a win in this league campaign, and are placed 20th in a table of 20. They have just two points against their name – losing all but two of their match-ups so far.
- They have scored the least number of goals in the PL, and only one other team has conceded more than them.
- The team has failed to score a single goal in their last four games.