Chelsea vs Liverpool
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 2 January 2021
Kick-off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
Both these teams are actively in the race for the top-most spot, but Manchester City seems to have taken a healthy lead. Likely, a win is a must for both Chelsea and Liverpool this weekend.
Both teams are in great form, and are consistently scoring goals. The pair have seldom lost through this campaign, and it’s a given that we are about to witness a fierce encounter at the Stamford Bridge this Sunday.
Moreover, it’s a matter of pride as well, for the two teams. Only a single point separates the pair in the second and the third spots, and either will be determined to show to the rest of the league that they are the better squad.
Expect an exciting ninety minutes this weekend, and most probably goals from either end of the pitch.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest match-up had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- The last eight overall wins were evenly split into four each for either squad.
- Since 2011, the hosts have failed to score just once at this stadium.
- Meanwhile, the visitors had scored two or more goals in the last two PL meetings at this venue.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Prediction & Analysis
The Blues recorded a 1-1 draw the last match-day at home, against Brighton. They are on a seven-game winless run, and had also remained so in 19 of their past 20 fixtures. In the process, they had gone on a seven-match winning streak as well.
On the other hand, the Reds lost the past game week (which was only their second loss in the campaign), against Leicester. However, before that they were on a ten-fixture unbeaten streak, and eight of these were wins.
All through this stretch, they have been scoring goals in plenty. In fact, they have scored the second-most number of goals in the competition (50 from just 19 games), while 17 of the total 20 teams are yet cross the 35-goal mark.
Taking into account these stats, expect goals to come from both teams this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Chelsea are placed second in the table, and they have lost just twice so far this league campaign. The defeats had come against defending champions Manchester City, and the fifth-placed West Ham.
- They have scored the most number of goals at home – barring toppers Manchester City.
- Meanwhile, Liverpool have lost just twice in this edition of the PL. The losses had come against the fifth-placed West Ham, and against the 2015-16 champions Leicester.