Chelsea vs Liverpool
England – Carabao Cup
Date: Sunday, 27 February 2022
Kick-off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: Wembley Stadium.
After four years of total domination by Manchester City, the Carabao Cup will now be lifted by another squad. The Blues and the Reds take on each other this Sunday at the Wembley for a shot at the title.
Keep in mind that these two have been the best in England along with the Citizens for the past few years.
Thomas Tuchel’s men are the reigning European champions, while Jurgen Klopp’s men had lifted the European title two years back. By all means, there is a sense of rivalry between the two squads.
Both are in great form, and are scoring goals at an impressive rate. And it deserves to be mentioned that the Blues had also won the FIFA World Cup a few weeks back.
By the looks of things, expect a fierce encounter this weekend.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last two clashes had ended in draws.
- The last four overall wins were evenly split into two each for either squad.
- Three of the past four meetings had fewer than three goals.
- The latest match-up between the two squads had ended in a 2-2 draw.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Prediction & Analysis
Chelsea are on a six-game winning streak, and they had defeated Tottenham in the semis, over two legs. Tuchel’s men have lost just once in the past three-month period, and this sole loss had come against Manchester City.
They have built a reputation with their strong defense, and their spirits are also high after winning the Club World Cup.
However, their rivals for the day are not any mean team. Klopp’s men are actually going after the English title, and purely in terms of form, they just might be the best team in the whole of Europe.
It goes without saying that either of these squads will be desperate for the EFL Cup. This is the final, and expect both squads to be on the top of their games.
These two defensively-set teams will not take many risks in the opening minutes of the game, and will try to capitalize on the mistakes of the other. As such, expect a nerve-racking affair, but at the same time, it’s unlikely that any goal would come in the first half.
Key Stats for Betting
- Liverpool are placed second in the English Premier League, and they have lost just twice all through the campaign.
- They are trailing just three points below toppers Manchester City.
- Meanwhile, Chelsea are placed third in standings, and have lost just thrice till now.
- Barring the Citizens, they have conceded the least number of goals in the competition.