Chelsea vs Juventus
Date: Tuesday, 23 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
Before the commencement of the competition, there was an expectation that the top-most for Group H will be contested by the Old Lady and the Blues. However, no one anticipated it to come down the wire. And no one expected Chelsea to be on the back-foot as well.
With just two match-days remaining, the Italians are at the top of the table with a perfect winning record, while Thomas Tuchel’s men are placed second – with three wins and a loss.
And interestingly, this sole defeat had come against the Old Lady in the reverse encounter.
Since h2h record is the tie-breaker for teams level on points, Chelsea need a win at any cost this Tuesday, while Juventus will be determined to keep holding on to the first position.
By all means, expect a fierce encounter, and it’s assumed that these two defensively-skilled teams will produce a low-scoring affair at the Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea vs Juventus Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for Juve at home.
- It’s been 12 years since the Italians have lost.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 2-2 draw.
- The only win for the Blues at home had come via a 1-0 scorecard, in 2009.
Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction & Analysis
Chelsea registered a 0-1 win on the road the last CL match-day, against Malmo. They are also on a nine-fixture unbeaten run, and eight of these were wins.
Do also note that they had kept clean sheets in six of their former eight games, and in two of their preceding four appearances at home.
On the other hand, the former Italian champions had recorded a 4-2 win at home against Zenit, and had won five of their past seven overall road trips.
They have also built quite some momentum after racing to the top of the table with a 100% winning record.
As things stand, expect these two defensive heavyweights to play out a fiercely-fought low-scoring thriller.
Key Stats for Betting
- Both teams have contested four games apiece in this edition of the CL – and the teams have three clean sheets each.
- In fact, toppers Juve have conceded just two goals in total, while defending champions Chelsea have let in just a single goal.
- The Blues have lost just once at home in any competition – and it was against Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.
- Meanwhile, the Old Lady had kept clean sheets in their last two fixtures, and in four of the past six road trips