Chelsea vs Brighton
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 29 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea will hope to climb to the second position in the table this week, as Liverpool, who are currently in possession of the second spot, have a comparatively harder fixture.
Going on, Thomas Tuchel’s men have not been at their best lately. And this has resulted in them falling behind a bit in the title-race. The team is desperate to get back into their groove, and since they are at home this Wednesday, they will be dead-determined to post the three points on the board.
Meanwhile, Brighton continue to be one of the weakest squads in the league, and have seldom recorded wins this season. They have also been on a poor run on the road since the start of the campaign, and most importantly, they have an inferior h2h record against this foe over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Chelsea this Wednesday at the Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea vs Brighton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Blues have a 100% unbeaten record this past decade.
- They had scored two or more goals in six of the past nine meetings.
- Barring a goalless draw, they have a 100% winning record at home the past decade.
- The hosts have also kept clean sheets in 100% of the fixtures at this stadium in the process.
Chelsea vs Brighton Prediction & Analysis
The Blues recorded a 1-3 win on the road the last match-day, against Aston Villa. They were also unbeaten in 18 of their past 19 games, and in the process they had even gone on a seven-fixture winning streak.
Going on, they had scored two or more goals in six of the past nine appearances at home, and the last they lost here was back in September.
On the other hand, Brighton did win 2-0 the past game week at home. But it was against the recently-promoted Brentford, and before that they were on a 12-fixture winless stretch. Note that they have also been conceding goals in huge numbers on the road all through this season.
Likely, expect Chelsea to go after a huge win this Wednesday at their home.
Key Stats for Betting
- Chelsea are placed third in the table, and only Manchester City have conceded fewer goals than them.
- They have been unbeaten at home since May, barring their defeat against defending champions City.
- Brighton have a total of five wins all through the campaign, and just one in their last thirteen fixtures.
- The last they registered a win on the road was back in September, and it had come against the recently-promoted Brentford.